Provide overall management and oversight of our supply chain team to ensure overall customer satisfaction by delivering on-time, on-quality, at the lowest possible cost. This position has the overall responsibility to work directly with internal sales and product development teams, and our external suppliers to ensure the goals of on-time, on-quality, on-cost are met. The incumbent in this position must have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to build efficient cross-functional working relationships. They must also possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This is a temporary position (approximately 5 months).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate as necessary cross-functionally internally / externally to ensure On-Time, In-Full metrics are maintained.
- Review and make strategic recommendations on supplier selection, new supplier development, and/or supplier consolidation to reduce costs while maintaining on-time dependability and product quality.
- Identify other opportunities for cost reduction or avoidance within our supply chain while maintaining or improving customer service levels.
- Oversee key customer specific programs and ensure flawless execution of such.
- Execute the annual renewal of purchase contracts with key suppliers.
- Maintain proper global inventories per annual operating plan / budget.
- Report on supply-chain related metrics and performance.
- Create and run reports in Netsuite and perform analysis in MS Excel related to global supply chain performance and spend as required.
- Maintain Operations Department processes & procedures operating manual
- Train and mentor new employees on operating procedures and company policies.
- Supervise Supply Chain team, set and manage to clear objectives, evaluate employee performance, and be the initial point of contact for any other HR related issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree in supply-chain, business, engineering, or operations.
- 7-10 recent years having overall supply chain responsibility with primarily Asian supply base with a proven track record in improving performances thru various strategies and tactics.
- APICS certified or other relevant professional certification or on-going association membership preferred.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Thorough working knowledge of ERP systems. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Strong project management and follow up skills.
- Strong process, procedure, and documentation skills.
- Some travel to Asia may be required. <10% of time.
- Must be self-motivated and have a sense of humor.
This is a temporary position is located in our Glastonbury, CT office. The approximate duration is 5 months, starting in Q1.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume via email below. No agencies, recruiters or phone calls please.
BigMouth Inc. is an equal opportunity “at-will” employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.